Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Different Perspective

I came into work yesterday & someone's words made me think more about my day. What she said brought even a bigger smile to my face. "You seem even more chipper today" were her words. Then I went on to explain what was going on inside my heart. 

It was a day that my boys were both so needy & with Micah not feeling well & Josiah being in odd sorts, I did something I thought would never happen. I woke up that morning with the house screaming "Clean me, Clean me!!!!" Wow, I thought taking care of housework & keeping up with laundry was hard before, now I have 2 little ones that need me. So, at the beginning of the day I decided that I was going to have a completely different perspective for this day. I wasn't going to worry for even one second about what the house was telling me, I was going to just play with my boys, laugh with them, give them lots of hugs & kisses, talk with them, read books, & just devote my time to them. What an incredible day we had! I thought it would absolutely drive me nuts not making sure the house was not even being attempted to be worked on but I was the most content person just giving my boys my undivided attention. Don't tell anyone, but I didn't even worry about dinner or even think about it. I know my time was not at all wasted because I was pouring time into the boys God gave me. I went into work completely refreshed & with a new energy. My heart was just bubbling over thinking of how nice it was just to play & see their sweet smiles all day! :) I told this lady that I didn't do a single thing beside spend time with my little buddies & I LOVED it! Now, grant it the housework still needs to be done & I still need to plan my menu for the rest of the week but will I regret that I spent priceless time with my family - definitely not. I'm so thankful to be a Mommy & take care of the children He has blessed me with. I feel as if I'm truly doing what God put me on earth to do ~ be a wife & Mom.




~Rachel

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I so enjoy reading your blog, Rachel. You are doing a great job with your little boys! :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,

    I so enjoy reading your blog - you are just the sweetest:) I know where those cute boys get it from! I was reading another blog this afternoon and came across this poem...and thought of you and this post - so I thought I would share.

    Happy Day....Jennifer (Smith)

    Love in the Home

    If I live in a house of spotless beauty with everything in its place,
    but have not love, I am a housekeeper – not a homemaker.

    If I have time for waxing, polishing, and decorative achievements, but
    have not love, my children learn cleanliness – not godliness.

    Love leaves the dust in search of a child’s laugh.

    Love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on a newly cleaned window.

    Love wipes away the tears before it wipes up the spilled milk.

    Love picks up the child before it picks up the toys.

    Love is present through the trials.

    Love reprimands, reproves, and is
    responsive.
    Love crawls with the baby, walks with the toddler, runs
    with the child, then stands aside to let the youth walk into adulthood.

    Love is the key that opens salvation’s message to a child’s heart.

    Before I became a mother I took glory in my house of perfection. Now I glory in God’s perfection of my child.

    As a mother, there is much I must teach my child, but the greatest of all is love.

    Author Unknown

    ReplyDelete