Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Perfect Superwoman



Do you ever dream about being the perfect wife, mom, daughter, & friend? Do you ever dream about having the perfect, most organized home, your schedule all set for whatever comes your way, your thank you card & notes all addressed & sent out on time, laundry always caught up, & Pinterest…well, you’ve tried them all because you are a Superwoman. 

 
We all would agree that yes, it would be great if we could have everything together & get every single thing checked off our forever long “to do list” but in reality we are far from perfect. Don’t get me wrong, it’s wonderful to have goals & wonderful to have a schedule that helps you keep on top of things but to be honest, in my life, I try way too hard to be a Superwoman.

I like to imagine that I’m Superwoman flying through my house picking up everything & putting it in its place, taking care of every need that my husband & children have. God is really teaching me that I am not who accomplishes any of this in my own strength but it’s Him through me.

So many times I get so frustrated when I plan my day of what I’m going to accomplish & something unexpected comes my way. God again reminds me that He knew that was going to happen & He has a plan in why He’s placed it in my life.

I heard a quote at our Ladies’ Bible Study this week & the Lord used it in my life after events that have happened over the last several months in our home. The quote was “The Lord is not looking for perfection but willingness.” 

For Christmas this year, I wanted to have the “Perfect Christmas” with my family. I had so many ideas from Pinterest planned out & so many dreams of how our Christmas was going to be with Josiah being able to enjoy it more this year & also watching Micah experience his first Christmas. 


Micah became sick in the beginning of December & after a couple of trips to the doctor, they told us he had Bronchiolitis caused by RSV. The doctor told us it was a long road but that she thought he would be fine after it passed. He continued to get worse which led us to sleepless nights for weeks, a couple trips to ER & then his admission into the hospital for 3 days. As we were there, I couldn’t help but thank the Lord for helping me see priorities in a different perspective. God is so good & we thank Him for helping Micah recover.

I’ve also been having issues with my health that have caused me to see things in a completely different way as well. One thing I have learned is – IT’S OKAY to have people, friends, &/or family help you. I feel as if I’m not doing my job or inconveniencing others if they help. IT’S OKAY to have them help. I’m so thankful for the verse “As thy days, so shall thy strength be.” There are days that are hard but in those days, we can still rest in God’s promises & have joy that He is giving us what we need for that day. Maybe what you need in that day is having a friend come alongside you & pick you up so you can get through that day...or them just giving you a break so you can sleep & be able to function. :) IT'S OKAY. 

So, friend – if you’re weary, take comfort knowing that God is there to give you the strength you need for that hour. If you’re overwhelmed, remember that He is the One in control allowing these things to happen & He is proving Himself in your life. If you feel frustrated because you’re not perfect…It’s OKAY! I’m so thankful that the Lord is not looking for perfection! 


1 comment: