Friday, August 17, 2012

Lesson #1 from a 2 Year Old


Tuesday, I was having one of those days. A day in which everything (as it seems) goes wrong & you can’t get anything done that you want to accomplish. I woke up with great anticipation & excitement for potty training. I know, you’re thinking, excitement??? Yes, I started out excited. Haha.

We had a wonderful day the day before with friends at the zoo & then Dave & I went for a much needed & long overdue date. As we were out, I picked up all kinds of yummy/new treats & sweets for Josiah to enjoy & get him excited about fully using the potty. Little did I know, his allergies had been doing a number on him from being outside & being around the animals. Let’s just say we had more meltdowns before it was even lunch time, so I decided it was wise to call it a day for the potty training & we had to replace the training for breathing treatments.

Then, there was sweet, smiling Micah that’s been working on teeth for some time & has tummy troubles that turned him into a screaming, miserable, sad little boy. What a day we were having! Only to get another bit of news…

Dave had been helping a friend & injured the same eye that’s been injured a few times before & I knew that he was in an incredible amount of pain & would need to do all the needed treatments to get the eye to start healing from the abrasion of his cornea.

So, there I was exhausted, about to burst into tears, not having anything else to give & Josiah wanted me to play with him before Daddy got home. J He invited me to church, which was being held in his room, & brought me in to sit down. He shook my hand & said “Good to meet you!” He also sang a song or two & then started to pray “Dear Jesus, please help me be good. Amen!!!” It was then that God struck my heart & I realized that I needed to bring to Him my burdens & challenges of my day. I was spending all my time being frustrated about our day not going at all as planned that I hadn’t even prayed that the Lord would help direct me & give me the strength, love, & energy I needed for that day. God is so good to continue to teach us even after failing Him time & time again. I’m so thankful for that moment of Him using a 2 year old to get ahold of my heart & help me remember that I need to bring everything before the Lord!





~Rachel 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting, Rachel! This was a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such a sweet post...and an even sweeter picture of that little cutie!

    Love ya, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete