Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Living to Give

The other day I was driving to our favorite place, the doctor's office, when we had not one but two people almost hit us in the time span of 5 minutes. In each situation that day, both drivers were not concerned about the others around them, just themselves. I took a few moments to thank the Lord for keeping us safe after each moment that day.

The Lord keeps bringing those instances back to my mind to remind me that life is not all about me but about others. So many times, we feel as if we give and give and have nothing else to pour out but it's then when Christ comes along and gives us the strength we need to keep going and giving.

Our Pastor preached an outstanding message recently that the Lord has used over and over to speak to my heart. When Christ fed the five thousand with the loaves and fishes, the disciples had been going and giving of themselves continually, but He refreshed them that day and proved Himself in a tremendous way. Just as He refreshed them, He will refresh us when we give of ourselves. The disciples had given out the food that God provided and in the end there were 12 full baskets left. Isn't God good?! He had a basket for each of them! "When you give and give of yourselves, He'll always have enough for you." ~Pastor Edwards

I count it an absolute privilege to be able to pour my life into my family. I have to remember though that the Lord will always be my strength, especially when I have a child that doesn't sleep hardly at all, has multiple appointments during some weeks, and just needs his mommy...it can be physically, mentally, and emotionally draining at times. I have to be so careful to not wish I had it easy like some. This is God's plan for us and He has a reason. I wouldn't trade taking care of my little guy for anything! Christ has promised He will always be enough and He will always give us strength and you know what, each and every day He does! I'm so thankful for Him and His arms that pick us up when we need carried! I don't want my life to be consumed with what I want or fulfilling my own needs. I want my life to be used to meet the needs of others, whether it be my family, a friend or neighbor that needs me, my time and my energy. May the Lord help us to see the need of others and not be selfish to pour everything into helping them!



~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment